- GTAF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- GTAF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 07 December 2016.
2. What we collect
We collect information from you when you register for membership with GTAF. Some information is voluntary, and other is required
- Name, occupation and employer
- Contact information including email address, address and telephone numbers.
3. What we do with the information we gather
As a voluntary, membership based organization we require this information to:
- communicate with members (if your permission has been granted)
- understand our membership distribution as regards areas affected by various community issues
- validate membership according to voting rights as per the constitution
- When requested by the website, a cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
- Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful
and which you do not.
- A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
6. Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the “Mailing List” box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody communication purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for communication purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing your registration details on our registration page, or by emailing us at email@example.com,za
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, under any circumstances.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you
may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
- 7.6 Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be used for statistical and or demographic purposes.
7. Contacting Us
Greater Table View Action Forum
c/o 3 Carnaby Street
On Carlton Crescent